When doing affiliate marketing, it usually involves these following parties: #
- Product owners – to be able to run affiliate marketing, there must be a vendor or product provider so that there is an item that can be sold.
- Buyers – must be able to get a buyer for products sold by vendors so that an affiliate marketer can get a commission.
- Affiliate marketer – an affiliate to promote products belonging to the company / vendor or whoever owns the products.
In the case of StyleDoubler, affiliate marketing involves content creators, brands and also affiliate marketing companies (Like StyleDoubler themselves).
Where there are two relationships that are built, namely between content creators and the affiliate marketing company, and the other is between the affiliate marketing company and brands.
Here are the steps on how affiliate marketing works between influencers, brands and affiliate marketing companies in general.
- Brands and content creators register into an affiliate marketing company.
- Content creators encourage product sales from brands through affiliate marketing company, where sales will be tracked via customized URLs that have been modified (commonly called affiliate URL links) that can be made by affiliate marketing companies to be distributed by content creators on their social their media pages such as Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok and Twitter.
- Every time a purchase has been made from an affiliate URL link, the brand will pay the content creator a commission from a percentage of the product price by the affiliate marketing company.